Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust offers a free Legal Surgery to all patients who have suffered a head injury, spinal injury or serious orthopaedic injuries.
The Legal Surgery is managed by lawyers with very considerable experience of giving specialist advice over a wide range of areas to support those patients and their families.
Here are just a few examples of how the Legal Surgery lawyers have assisted patients since it started in May 2012:
- Found that the partner of a head injured person was entitled to receive £50,000 under his home contents insurance policy.
- Helped a wife whose husband was unconscious and whose employer was threatening to stop his wages. They wrote to his employers and insisted they continue to pay him.
- Advised many patients about their applying to the CICA following assaults and where awards are made of up to £500,000.
- Advised about entitlement to substantial Welfare Benefits relating to care, mobility, and income.
- Helped the wife of a head injured (and unconscious) patient pay her bills out of her husband’s bank account.
- Helped the mother of a young man whose college wanted to know why he had not attended lectures for a week and whose grant was under threat.
- Advised patients about bringing claims for compensation
How does it work?
On admission to Salford Royal you can contact the Legal Surgery through this App or if you prefer telephone or email the Legal Surgery to meet or talk to a Lawyer from the Legal Surgery team. If you are not sure how to do this, please ask one of the nursing staff.
You can fix a time and place to suit you.
To book an initial appointment, please click 'Book' below.
Whenever possible the Lawyer will meet you within the ward area or somewhere else if you prefer.
We strongly suggest that you use the Legal Surgery as soon as you can because the lawyers will help you deal with many of the challenges you are likely to face over the next few weeks.
Your advice was very helpful and gives us a good basis to start – we did find your input very helpful. On a personal note, what a wonderful service you offer to people in need with limited ability to sort these things out – Miss J
Jeanne has provided fantastic support and advice to date. I do not know how we would have managed without her – Mr JK
Even though my case is yet to be settled, the overall service is excellent – Mr NMc